Where has the time gone? I cannot believe its been almost 10 months since I’ve posted here. I think I have finally pulled my head out from under the covers. So much has happened…where do I begin?
First, in March of 2020 the first negative Lyme’s test came into my life. What does that mean? Well, that likely 90% of the Lymes was gone! Cheers to that! We were hoping my body would clean up the remaining 10%. If you caught that, I said “hoping”. Back to that in a minute. The additional negative test was that the anaplasmosis was gone too. Prayers can be answered.
Of course COVID hit in March, and I’m pretty sure I just pulled the covers over my head because I feel like I haven’t been living my best life since then! (Well…that’s my excuse….I’m sure I could come up with a better one if I had more time.)
With both the Lyme’s and the anaplasmosis gone, one would think I would be jumping for joy and feeling better. However, I was feeling worse than when I started. How could that be?
Well, the additional lab tests showed my immune system was still going crazy in overdrive, that I had a parasite in my system, my pituitary gland was out of sync and two other blood tests to show off the charts inflammation in my body. My doctor said he knew I wasn’t lying when I said I didn’t feel good because the test results prove it! Again, the same old question of “Now what?”
Back to the 10% Lymes remaining in my system. If my body isn’t able to clear out the last bit of Lymes, I could still have symptoms and with my body dealing with high inflammation, my immune system is going to work overtime all the time. Hence, why I’m not feeling well. In addition, my doctor said this could point to another tick borne illness called Babesia. This is a parasite that affects the red blood cells. Good news…I’ve been getting treated for Babesia…and I’m FEELING BETTER! I still need to work through the inflammation and hormone issues, but a little relief is like a little bit of heaven. Amen!
What have I learned the last 10 months? Lyme’s has substantially changed my life. COVID has substantially changed everyone’s lives. It’s how we react that will determine the outcome! That’s why I decided to pull back the covers and take a peak into what’s ahead. Its scary but I’m doing it with my head high and my heart filled with gratitude! We can do this together! I promise.
1 thought on “Pull Back the Covers”
Glad you are starting to feel better Lori! Saying some extra prayers for you my friend! Love and miss you!
LikeLiked by 1 person